Passport holders from Western Europe countries as well from South America (Mercosur Community) will not need a visa to enter Brazil. For some nationalities a visa must be applied for before arrival at the brazilian embassy or consulate. Useful information is also available here.
The Conference Secretary can aid you with this information and provide qualified delegates with letters confirming their intent to attend the School.
Foreign participants will arrive at São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport (GRU), located less than 200 km from Campinas city.
+55 11 2445 2945 (Central Information of the Airport)
The Brazilian participants will arrive at São Paulo Viracopos International Airport, located less than 40 km from State University of Campinas, Unicamp. The telephone for information is +55 19 3725 5000.
In due time, the accepted applicants will be contacted with further information on the procedures to buy or to receive their tickets.
If you are coming from Guarulhos International Airport (GRU) to reach Campinas, you should take the Shuttle bus to the Campinas Bus Station (Rodoviária de Campinas). The trip takes around 2 hours and can be made by the company Viação Caprioli, Lira Bus, from Guarulhos International Airport to Campinas City.
At Campinas, you will need to take a bus (or taxi) to the State University of Campinas, Unicamp.
- Use an electronic cash machine (ATM): there are many at the airport like Santander, Banco do Brasil etc.
- or use a Money Exchange office
- Action Cambio – from 5h to 0h | Passengers Terminal 1 – Wing B | phone +55 11 2445 4458
- American Express Foreign Exchange – from 5h to 0h | Passengers Terminal 1 – Wing A | phones +55 11 2445 3351 and +55 11 2445 3835
- Confidence Cambio – 24h | Passengers Terminal 2 – Wing C | phone +55 11 2445 3762
- Safra Bank – 24h | Passengers Terminal 1 – Wing B and Passengers Terminal 2 – Wing C | phones +55 11 2445 3701 and +55 11 2445 2321
We advise you to exchange your money in the Guarulhos International Airport.
Check here if you need to take any vaccine to travel to Campinas region.
We recommended that at the time you register for the São Paulo School and book your travel you consider an insurance policy of your choice to protect your interests in relation to cancellations, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property. The School organizers cannot take any responsibility for participants failing to arrange their own insurance.